Firestall® Roof Deck
Firestall® Roof Decking is a nailable Class "A" fire rated structural roof decking, made of multiple plies of Homasote structural board and a face ply of UL-listed N.C.F.R.® Homasote.®
It is designed for use as a structural, load-bearing decking in residential and commercial buildings that require a Class A (25 flame spread) rated decking.
- Multi-Function Roofing Systems Brochure
- UL P-535 Architectural Drawings
- 3 Part Specifications
- Installation Instructions
- Roof Stripping Instructions
- Can be applied over either steel or wood framing or structural steel deck
- Provides a nailbase surface to attach additional insulation, shingles and other finish roofing
Sizes & Weights (nominal), Thermal Resistance
|1.0"||2' x 8'||2.62 lbs./sq.ft.||2.05|
|1-3/8"||2' x 8'||3.48 lbs./sq.ft.||2.5|
|1-7/8"||2' x 8'||4.63 lbs./sq.ft.||3.1|
NOTE: Finished T&G on long edges and square on ends.
Fire Resistance Ratings
|Method of Test||Class||Flame Spread||Smoke Developed|
|Panel Thickness||Maximum Rafter Spacing for
live loads of 50 PSF*
* Calculations based on 2 or more continuous spans. 10 PSF dead load assumed.
Typical Physical Properties
|440 Surface||NCFR Surface|
|Density:||26-28 lbs./ft.||34-40 lbs./ft.|
|Tensile Strength:||450-700 psi||400-700 psi|
|Hardness, Janka Ball (min.):||230||275|
|Water Absorption by vol. (max.):
2 hrs. immersion
|Expansion from 50%-90%
Relative humidity (maximum)
|Flame Spread (NCFR surface)||Class I (or A)|
|Noise Reduction Coefficient||.20|
1992 BOCA National Building Code Section 2310.2, Fire retardant-Treated Wood.